Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Ten Years of Musings. Wow!

birthday photoWho knew that 10 years ago, this tiny announcement post would have spawned a blog that lasted this long?  I sure didn’t.  Back then, this blog was on the Blogger platform and I started it basically on a whim to see whether I would enjoy the process and learn something.  I found that the answer was “yes” on both counts.

The blog has since taken on a life of its own in many respects, allowing me to meet some of the great construction pros that have provided a guest post or two for Musings and adding their different perspectives.  Musings has also kept me up on at least most of the trends in Virginia construction law by making me post consistently (though sometimes less consistently than others).  Now, 791 posts and ten years later, I find it hard to believe that so much time has passed and effort has been put into what started with a vague idea that I’d post from the perspective of a Virginia construction lawyer

Over the last 10 years my children have gone from little kids to college (the older two) and high school and I couldn’t be more proud of each of them.  These three are a great joy for me to watch grow up. Our two dogs continue to make life more furry, warm, and loveable and, saving the very best for last, my wonderful, supportive and beautiful wife continues to make life at the Hill house a great place to live. Without the support of the world’s best family, Musings and the practice of law wouldn’t be the fun that it is.

On the professional side, I was named for the 12th straight year (and all 8 years as a solo) to the Virginia Business Legal Elite in Construction Law.  I joined the Virginia Bar Association Construction and Public Contracts Law Section Council.  I was privileged to both help plan and also speak at the 39th Annual Construction and Public Contracts seminar (if you didn’t make it this year, be sure to make it next year), and while my terms on the State Bar Construction Law and Public Contracts section committee have ended, I still remain active in both that section and the Associated General Contractors of Virginia.  I also kept up my mediation practice and my certification as a mediator here in Virginia.  As always, I’ve also gained some new friends and rekindled some old friendships both in the legal and construction communities.

So without further ado, thanks to all of you who read Construction Law Musings. Thank you to all of my friends, clients and colleagues who support this construction law blog and my construction law practice (you know who you are and it would take weeks to list you all). And, most importantly, thank you to my great family for all that you do to support me in my solo career and my life in general. You all have made the last ten years of Construction Law Musings a fun and rewarding ride.

If you find this Musing to be interesting and have a comment, please join the conversation below and subscribe to keep up with the latest information.

© Construction Law Musings- Richmond, VA is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 license.

No comments:

Post a Comment