Monday, October 8, 2018

Please Join Me at the Boar’s Head for Some Construction Law Fun

39th Annual Construction Law and Public Contracts SeminarOn November 2nd and 3rd, 2018, Virginia CLE will be putting on the 39th Annual Construction Law and Public Contracts Seminar.  I’ve recommended this seminar and given a “post mortem” on it on multiple occasions here at Musings and want to recommend it again.  If you, like me, are a construction attorney that practices in Virginia, I highly recommend that you attend.

I am not only recommending it because I’ll be speaking along with Eric Olsen of DPOR on the topic of representation before the Contractor’s Board, but because I learn something or meet someone new every year.  This year’s seminar covers topics ranging from the above mentioned topic to mechanic’s liens, to environmental considerations on construction projects.  The topic list even includes “Wine + Construction = Issues! “In short, whether you’ve been filing mechanic’s liens and reading and/or litigating construction contracts for 2 or 30 years, there’s likely a topic that you will find of interest.  Throw in 12 hours of CLE credit (including those elusive 2 hours of ethics credit) and the education alone would be worth the trip.

Even with the great topics above (not to mention the full boat of CLE), my favorite aspect of these two days in Charlottesville is not the education (though that’s a big part of it). My favorite part of these seminars is the ability to meet construction attorneys, new and experienced, that I haven’t met before and to see old friends to catch up. I always enjoy talking construction law and other things with my fellow construction attorneys. Whether discussing a legal problem, “networking,” or just getting a new perspective, I always find the chance to interact with the others in attendance to be a blast.  This seminar is one of the many reasons I find the construction bar here in Virginia to be so collegial.

In short, sign up, show up, and look me up when you get to the Boar’s Head, you’ll be glad you did.

As always, I welcome your comments below.  Please subscribe to keep up with this and other Construction Law Musings.

© Construction Law Musings- Richmond, VA is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 license.

No comments:

Post a Comment