Thursday, August 2, 2018

Another Great Year of Solo Practice

Photo Credit: Rett HillMy how another year (and summer) has flown by.  I looked up and it was August 2nd and a month past the 8th anniversary date of the opening of The Law Office of Christopher G. Hill.  It hardly seems like 8 years have gone by except when I reflect on how things have changed in that time.

When I announced the opening of my solo construction practice on July 1, 2010, my children were in elementary and middle school.  Now I have two college students, one at Appalachian State University (with a budding photography talent that has provided some photos for this blog (including that on this post)) and the other at West Virginia University, and a high school sophomore.  In just the past year I have rotated off of the Board of Governors of the VSB Construction Law and Public Contracts and began a tenure on the Section Council  Virginia Bar Association Construction and Public Contracts Law section.  I was named to both the Virginia Business Magazine Legal Elite in Construction Law and to Virginia Super Lawyers in Construction Litigation.  I will also be speaking at the 39th Annual Construction Law and Public Contracts seminar in November (one I highly recommend for any lawyer interested in construction).

Among all of these great events, I have had the pleasure of working with a great group of clients, lawyers and friends in the construction industry and beyond.  I have spent time shooting sporting clays and fishing with clients.  This has allowed me to better understand my clients and their businesses on a personal level.  My involvement with the AGC of Virginia has been a great help with this.

So, without further ado, thanks to all of you that read this blog and that have supported me over the last five years. Most importantly, thanks to my wonderful wife and kids for their continued support and sometimes tolerance over the last 8 years.

As always, I welcome your comments below.  Please subscribe to keep up with this and other Construction Law Musings.

© Construction Law Musings- Richmond, VA is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 license.

No comments:

Post a Comment