Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Join Me at the Virginia Construction and Public Contracts Law Seminar 2016

English: This is a locator map showing Charlot...

English: This is a locator map showing Charlottesville in Virginia. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

I have given post mortem glowing reviews of past Construction and Public Contracts Law seminars in the past here at Construction Law Musings (and for full disclosure an one of the co-chairs of the seminar planning committee this year).  If you, like me, are a construction lawyer in Virginia, I highly encourage you to attend this year’s 37th Annual Construction and Public Contracts Law seminar in Charlottesville, Virginia.

This year’s seminar centers around construction contracting and covers topics ranging from the basics to responsibilities under an incorporation clause to job order contracting.  In short, whether you’ve been filing mechanic’s liens and reading and/or litigating construction contracts for 2 or 30 years, there’s likely a topic that you will find of interest.  Throw in 12 hours of CLE credit (including those elusive 2 hours of ethics credit) and the education alone would be worth the trip.

As they say on those fun late night infomercials, “Wait, there’s more!”  My favorite aspect of these two days in Charlottesville is not the education (though that’s a big part of it).  My favorite part of these seminars is the ability to meet construction attorneys, new and experienced, that I haven’t met before and to see old friends to catch up.  I always enjoy talking construction law and other things with my fellow construction attorneys.  Whether discussing a legal problem, “networking,” or just getting a new perspective, I always find the chance to interact with the others in attendance to be a blast.

In short, sign up, show up, and look me up when you get to the Boar’s Head, you’ll be glad you did.

As always, I welcome your comments below.  Please subscribe to keep up with this and other Construction Law Musings.

© Construction Law Musings- Richmond, VA is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 license.

Send to Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment