Friday, July 1, 2016

Six Years as a Solo Construction Attorney! How Time Flies

Birthday Cake

Birthday Cake (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

It seems like only yesterday that I ventured out on my own and started my solo construction law practice back in 2010.  The reaction and fulfillment since I announced my move on July 1, 2010 has been great.  Friends, clients, colleagues and, most importantly, my wonderful family have helped my practice grow beyond what I could have envisioned six years ago.

Just in the last year, I became re-certified as a Virginia Supreme Court certified mediator, was elected for the 9th year running (including every year as a solo) to the Virginia Business Legal Elite in the Construction Law category, and expanded my mediation and construction advising practices.  I have also served on the Virginia State Bar’s Construction and Public Contract Law Section’s Board of Governors and have been helping to plan this years annual seminar (it is a great time and a learning experience every year).  Finally, Construction Law Musings turned seven, an anniversary I never would have predicted when I started this construction blog.

On the home front, my oldest daughter had a strong and fun first year at West Virginia University (go Mountaineers) and college visits have started for my son with my third child headed to 8th grade.  Each year I wonder where the time went and am thrilled to have such great kids.

Finally, I thank my lucky stars every day to be able to run my own practice and “work without a net” to help out the construction professionals that work here in Virginia.

So, without further ado, thanks to all of you that read this blog and that have supported me in so many ways over the last 6 years.  Most importantly, thanks to the best family, and in particular the best wife, anyone could ask for.  I could not have done all of this without you.

As always, I welcome your comments below.  Please subscribe to keep up with this and other Construction Law Musings.

© Construction Law Musings- Richmond, VA is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 license.

Send to Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment