Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Wow! Five Years Since “Going Solo” With My Construction Practice

English: A birthday cake

English: A birthday cake (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

It’s hard to believe, but my solo construction practice turns five today.  On July 1, 2010, I struck out on my own and it has been a great ride ever since.

Since I opened my practice 5 years ago, I have been named to the Virginia Legal Elite each year of my practice, been asked to speak on “Hanging a Shingle,” as a solo,  become a Virginia Supreme Court certified mediator mediating private cases and those of the Virginia general district courts, and had what was a fledgling construction blog turn 6.

Along the way I have gotten to know the construction law bar here in Virginia and found them to be a great group of folks to work with as a general rule.  I have also had the chance to grow my practice through involvement with the AGC of Virginia.  On the family side, my oldest child got through high school and is headed to college in the fall (how time flies).

Finally, I have had the pleasure of piloting my own ship for the last five years and look forward to may more years of practice.

So, without further ado, thanks to all of you that read this blog and that have supported me over the last five years.  Most importantly, thanks to my wonderful wife and kids for their continued support and sometimes tolerance over the last 5 years.

As always, I welcome your comments below.  Please subscribe to keep up with this and other Construction Law Musings.

© Construction Law Musings- Richmond, VA is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 license.

Send to Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment